Friday, April 29, 2011

Homemade Foot Soaks

Foot Soaks for Mother's Day Gift

Okay, it's really simple and fast...both criteria for a last minute gift.
Mix in a large bowl:
1 1/2 cups Epsom salts
1 1/2 cups Kosher salt(that's the one with big grains)
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup cornstarch
Open and add 4 bags Chamomile tea
1/8 cup dried parsley or other herb of your choice
This can be put in smaller containers but I used it to fill 2 jelly jars. I'm covering the top with a pretty blue fabric and tying with ribbon. Attaching a hang tag that states- Use 2-3 tablespoons per gallon of water used in soak. Water temperature is a personal preference but I like it as hot as I can tolerate to give me the most Ahhhhhhhhh feeling!

NOTE: You can also add marbles to the bottom of the basin to rub your feet over while soaking!
I will post a picture of the entire gift later today when I finish everything.

No comments: